I set out to make butterscotch bars, and I failed miserably. I decided to tweak the recipe I was using, and it didn’t turn out…at all. After this failure, I was more determined than ever to create a delicious sweet treat. However, I was out of butterscotch chips. That’s how my Fugdy Smores Bars were born.
These bars are Fudgy and have the flavors of graham crackers and marshmallows. They are seriously super good. They don’t look super appetizing. In fact, the mini marshmallows kind of scare me, but these are so delicious!
Fudgy Smores Bars
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Butter a 9″ X 13″ baking pan.
- Combine eggs, sugars, and butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook over low for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the Graham crumbs, marshmallows, coconut, and oatmeal.
- Spread mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Chill for at least 6 hours before cutting into squares.