I’m going to come right out and say it. This is probably my favorite drink I’ve ever made. Frozen hot chocolate was made famous by a restaurant in New York called Seredipity, and it has inspired foodie blogs ever since. This frozen hot chocolate will not disappoint. It makes a perfect breakfast as it is nutritious and high in protein.
It’s also SUPER chocolatey. I’ve mentioned my love for sweets at breakfast. This is totally my kind of breakfast beverage. I’m craving one to go with my lunch already.
I’m going to warn you right now: this drink contains cottage cheese. Yes, I thought this was a little strange at first too. But it makes the drink soooo creamy. This drink is delicious, cottage cheese and all.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
adapted from http://www.dashingdish.com
- 1 Packet of diet or regular hot chocolate (I only had regular on hand, but use whatever you prefer!)
- 1/2 Cup cottage cheese
- 1 Scoop protein powder, option (I omitted this. I never use protein powder, as I feel I get enough protein in my diet)
- 3-4 Stevia/Splenda packets (I used 3)
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Ice/Milk(to desired consistency, I use about a whole tray of ice and 1/2 cup of almond milk)
- *Optional: Whip cream to garnish!
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, adding the milk last, using just enough to get things moving! (Add more water slowly if needed.)
- Blend until smooth. When shake is thick and creamy it’s ready! Pour into a large cup and enjoy!