There is pretty much a heat wave sweeping the whole country right? It is so hot and humid here in the midwest! Because of the heat, I can’t bring myself to turn on the oven. But my love for cookies and all things chocolate doesn’t cease just because it’s 100 degrees outside! Yep, this situation called for no bake cookies.
Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana no bake cookies that is.
My sister Allie and i whipped up these cookies last night while Taylor sat at the counter and edited pictures. I love baking with my sisters! Allie is a huge help even though she always tries to get out of doing the dishes
These no bake cookies are really good. They are pretty much what you would think of as a traditional no bake cookie, but they have the addition of banana. The banana allows you to cut out the butter in a normal no bake cookie recipe. The banana also adds some great flavor. Peanut Butter, chocolate, and banana make a great combo.
No Bake Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana Cookies
adapted from http://www.dashingdish.com
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ½ cup low fat milk (I used almond milk)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Put mashed banana and peanut butter together in a large skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring until peanut butter and banana are combined.
- Once the peanut butter is melted, take the skillet off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Drop cookie dough (about 1/8th cup per cookie) on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper (or foil sprayed with cooking spray), patting cookies into desired shape. Place baking sheet in fridge or freezer until cookies are set.